Now available for pre-order, the first issue of David Chang’s new food journal, Lucky Peach, arrives this June. The James Beard Award winning chef has partnered with writer Peter Meehan, and Zero Point Zero Production (who make Anthony Bourdain’s TV show) on the venture, which is published by McSweeney’s.
“Issue One’s theme is “Ramen,” and will contain the following features:
• The over-stuffed and nauseated (but nevertheless intrepid) Peter Meehan and Dave Chang on the trials and tribulations of producing this first issue, including travels to Tennessee, Japan, and Spain.
• Anthony Bourdain discussing the career trajectory of David Chang in respect to classic films, including Ramen Girl and Tampopo.
• Exploring alkaline noodles, MSG, and the term “molecular gastronomy” with food scientist Harold McGee.
• Photography and art by Ben Jones, Gabriele Stabile, Mark Ibold, Pableaux Johnson, David Rees, Tony Millionaire, Mike Houston, Jeremy Earl, Matt Volz, and many others.
• Recipes galore from Chang, Wylie Dufresne, Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi, Juan Mari Arzak, and others.”