The calendar of free public events follows:
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 6-10PM:
• POW! WOW!: Exploring The New Contemporary Art Movement Exhibition.
Curated by Andrew Hosner from Thinkspace Gallery and presented by POW! WOW! The opening exhibition of 2014′s festival will explore the new contemporary art movement through one of the industry’s leading curators and gallerist. Located at the Honolulu Museum of Art School, 111 Victoria Street, Honolulu. Opening will be on Saturday, February 8th between 6pm to 10pm. Exhibition will run between February 8th and the 15th. Open to all ages.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10 to SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15:
• Mural painting in Kaka’ako by all of the POW! WOW! artists. See mural map.
• POW! WOW! Pop-up Shop @ Fresh Café and Lana Lane Studios open from 11am-6pm daily. Located at 831 Queen Street, Honolulu. Open to all ages.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 7PM:
• “The Legend of Cool Disco Dan” Film Screening.
Presented by the Honolulu Art Museum and POW! WOW! Film will be introduced by Executive Producer Roger Gastman with a Q&A to follow. Located at Doris Duke Theatre in the Honolulu Musuem of Art School, 900 South Beretania Street, Honolulu. Theatre entrance is at 901 Kinau Street (back of museum). Doors open at 7pm, film starts at 7:30pm.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 6-8PM:
• POW! WOW! Art and Media Lectures and Panel Discussions.
Featuring Martha Cooper, Lady Aiko, Anna Waclawek and Wayne White. Located at Fresh Café and Loft in Space, 831 Queen Street, Honolulu. Open to all ages.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 6-8PM:
• POW! WOW! Music Lectures and Panel Discussions.
Speakers to be determined. Located at Fresh Café and Loft in Space, 831 Queen Street, Honolulu. Open to all ages.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 6-10PM:
• 1XRun and Pangea Seed Print and Custom Toy Exhibition.
Located at Fresh Café and Loft in Space, 831 Queen Street, Honolulu. Open to all ages.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 6-12AM:
• POW! WOW! Finale Block Party.
POW! WOW! Finale featuring live art by the POW! WOW! artists, food and drinks. Music provided by POW! WOW! music artists. Live music with Alt/Air, Paula Fuga and The Green. Located on Auahi Street in Kakaako. Open to all ages.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 12AM-4AM
• POW! WOW! Afterparty.
Located at the M Nightclub, 500 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu. 21 and over only.
For more information visit the POW! WOW! website.