If you thought al the Kanye talk was going to die down because the black YEEZY Boost 750 released last week, boy were you wrong. Not only did Ye drop a diss song toward Nike, titled “FACTS,” that took the internet by storm, his full American Idol audition was released online. We couldn’t just let Kanye say whatever he wanted though, so we did some detective work and pointed out the real facts behind Kanye’s diss song to Nike. 50 Cent also had a pretty big week, thanks to the viral release of his “I’m the Man” short film. And adidas continues to win big with more tonal Stan Smiths.
Highsnobiety Crowns came to a close this week, so please make sure to see below for who won!
In addition to our daily news updates, we also highlighted the week with a range of strong original content. Have a look through 10 of our favorite posts from the week below and have a great weekend!
1. This year was one of the best and/or worst years for streetwear, depending on where you stand. Despite the harsh climate, however, some brands continue to come out on top. Here are the results for The Best Streetwear of 2015.
2. Our Meet the Muse series continued, as we caught up with Parisian babe Margaux Avril in a variety of casual streetwear pieces.
3. For the latest edition of Street Style, we caught up with beatmaker and designer SWAGG LORD UMZI.
4. Trends die. Here are 6 trends we want to see die in 2016.
6. BAPE’s Joey Lo let us go through some of his GRAILS, including his very first Air Jordan 1s and his Astroboy, Be@rbricks and watch collection.
7. We explained why clothing made in New York is more important than ever.
8. More Kanye, we know. But how is this not going to be featured? His American Idol audition was amazing!
9. Solidifying its status in the footwear community, the adidas Ultra Boost was literally dipped in gold.
10. Last Kanye mention for the next hour, we promise. G.O.O.D. Friday will be making a return, that is all.