Since months already the Internet is speculating that Apple will be releasing a new smaller version 4-inch iPhone. Latest rumors suggested that the new iPhone would be called the iPhone 5e. It seems to be pretty sure at this point, that Apple will not release a smaller version of the iPhone 6, but a new version of the iPhone 5 and this week’s rumors suggest that it will be called iPhone 5se. While the design is taken from the iPhone 5, the software and hardware of the device will be brand new.
These are the possible upgrades of the “iPhone 5se” over the 5s:
– The chamfered, shiny edges have been replaced with curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines
– The same 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera systems from the iPhone 6
– Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
– Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
– An NFC chip for Apple Pay
– The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6
– Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
– Live Photos from the iPhone 6s
– Same Silver, Space Gray, Gold, & Rose Gold color options as the 6s line
Apparently the phone will come without 3D Touch. The 5s is then supposed to be discontinued and the 5se will take its place in the iPhone lineup starting already in March. We will keep you posted.
- Source: 9to5mac