New York Fashion Week: Mens marched on this week, in tandem with fashion week events in Stockholm and Copenhagen. In the midst of the fashion events, Drake gave us a first taste of his new album , Rita Ora got naked for Lui, and Kanye, of course, kept making noise. In addition to our daily news updates, we also highlighted the week with a range of strong original content. Have a look through 10 of our favorite posts from the week below and have a great weekend!
1. Sneaker hype showed no sign of letting up in 2015 and we rounded up The 20 Most Valuable Sneakers of The Last Year.
2. In East-London we caught up with designer Fergus Purcell Who Says Skateboarding Should Quit Bitching About Being Ripped Off.
3. This week the fashion program touched down in the Danish capital of Copenhagen. We crafted An Alternative Guide to Copenhagen Fashion Week.
4. The big game isn’t until tomorrow but Here Are This Year’s Best Super Bowl Ads.
5. Our curated photography series, 36 Frames, has made its long-awaited return. In the new edition Lukas Korschan Explores London, Berlin and Frankfurt in 36 Frames.
6. This week Toronto Duo Majid Jordan dropped their self-titled debut album. We caught up with them in NY to find out exactly who are Majid Jordan?
7. Our latest Screen Test features Alexandra Rudakova shot by Emanuele Ferrari.
8. Pablo Escobar famously intimidated opponents of his cocaine empire by posing a simple question in Spanish -“Plata o Plomo” – which translates to, “Silver or lead?” Learn all about The $30 Billion Dollar Cocaine Cartel That Inspired a Clothing Line.
9. The Crack is Wack mural in New York City is more than just one of the most recognized works by the legendary Keith Haring. It’s a piece of art that has defined the generation of the 1980s and New York graffiti culture far beyond that. Here’s the story behind The Keith Haring Mural That Defined ’80s New York.
10. Lawrence Midwood, Y-3’s Senior Design Director Shares His 10 Favorite Sneaker Designs from the brand’s archive.