Our Spring/Summer 2016 “Back Shot” editorial draws inspiration from ’30s street photographer André Kertész and his understanding of composition. Kertész, who earned critical acclaim for his innovative visual language, often captured his subject matters from behind, portraying them in an earnest and empathetic light.
Informed by his graphic brilliance, photographer Richard Round-Turner borrows from Kertész’s observation of silhouettes to highlight bold patterns in clothing, arousing pops of color through different lighting techniques and arrangement of poses.
Be sure to also peep our “East End Local” editorial for more of this season’s best pieces.
- Photography: Richard Round-Turner
- Styling: Atip W
- Photography Assistant: Matt Town
- Model: Abdel Queta Tavares
- Brands Featured: : A.P.C., Loewe, Miansai, Neil Barrett, Marni, Mohsin, Norse Projects, nanamica, BUSCEMI, RETROSUPERFUTURE, Axel Arigato, Epperson Mountaineering, Birvin Uniform
- Special Thanks: Garbstore