Highsnobiety’s latest in-house editorial sees us link with London-based furniture designer Yinka Ilori, who specializes in up-cycling vintage fabrics, as a reaction to the vast amounts of waste generated by Western capitalism. He imbues that philosophy with his African heritage, creating a body of work that mixes reclaimed materials with standout visuals.
To really show off his work, we styled Yinka’s designs alongside clothing from labels like Cheap Monday, Samsoe & Samsoe, Maison Kitsune and Carhartt WIP. What’s more, the images are shot in a trippy, interactive style — swipe your mouse from side to side to see the animated images in action.
- Photography: Edmund Fraser
- Stylist: Atip W
- Hair: Paul Jones using Bumble and Bumble
- Makeup: Lara Himpelmann using M.A.C
- Photo Assistant: Bilal Vounit
- Models: Akuc & Karim @ Lorde INC, Zoe @ Nevs Models & Gabriel @ PRM Models
- Furniture: Yinka Ilori
- Brands Featured: Cheap Monday, Samsoe & Samsoe, Maison Kitsune, Mackintosh x HYKE, BBC, Carhartt WIP, Puma & Kartel