Life
Life beyond style

British police are warning drug users not to take the “IKEA branded” ecstasy pills currently in circulation following the death of an 18-year-old male.

Jersey Police say Kyle Pringle, from St. Helier, died on Saturday morning after consuming the illegal yellow and blue drugs stamped with the word IKEA.

“Whilst subject to toxicology reports and a post-mortem, evidence at this time suggests the death is as a result consumption of ‘Ikea’ ecstasy tablets,” a police statement said. “We strongly advise members of the public not to take these tablets in the interests of their health.”

Illegal drug manufacturers have long used popular brands and companies as a way of marketing their product. It’s unclear whether the recent hype surrounding IKEA led to the production of the super strength pills currently doing the rounds.

Police are urging anyone who does take the tablets and becomes unwell to seek medical attention immediately.

What To Read Next