Highsnobiety is hiring
Highsnobiety is an online publication covering forthcoming trends and news in fashion, art, music, and culture, all on one platform.
As a wholly independent online magazine, we provide our readership with strong editorial coverage, featuring cultural commentaries that cover a range of our topics.
The growth of Highsnobiety over the years has seen us to become an essential portal for trend forecasters, fashion enthusiasts and tastemakers alike, and fashion’s current climate now sees us influencing the very trends we began reporting.
The progress of Highsnobiety has seen us expand into publication, with a twice-yearly magazine that reflects the trends and content of our site.
Here at Highsnobiety we are always on the lookout for talented new contributors to become a part of our dynamic and exciting workforce.
Look out for current job vacancies in our Berlin and NYC offices, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Ad Operations Coordinator (Berlin)
Highsnobiety is currently looking for a full-time Ad Operations Coordinator who will be a key member of our Client Services team & work closely with our Sales team. The ideal Ad Operations Coordinator candidate has a strong knowledge of the online advertising space (DFP focus on digital display), with prior experience as a trafficker or similar ad operations role.
- Own & support all trafficking responsibilities and inquiries; manage implementation of all operations requirements for Titel Media campaigns (tracking, tagging, publisher/agency correspondence, media plan management, etc).
- Own & support all campaign reporting needs, monitor campaign progress & optimization.
- Support clients, Account Managers, & Sales team; assist with Advertiser preparation & Publisher-side launch responsibilities.
- Results-driven team player with a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Perform diligent & detail-oriented QA on interactive ad units/deliverables; assist in management of creative approval process; communicate & render creative revisions pre- and post-launch.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in online advertising space, as a trafficker or similar role
- Strong knowledge of third-party tracking/reporting systems (i.e. DART (DFP), Atlas, Pointroll, Mediaplex, etc)
- Familiar with iFrame, Script, static companion banners, and at least one video ad server (DFP, Auditude, proprietary, etc) – display ad server knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of video encoding software & online video formats/specs a plus
- Attention to detail; diligent, proactive, organized, accountable, analytical, and highly-motivated team player
- Quick learner of new technologies, tools, and processes; ability to adapt to changing tides
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth work environment, while managing numerous projects under tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of entire Microsoft Office suite
- Plus: knowledge of XML, Fiddler/Charles/HTTPWatch, Basecamp
- Bachelor’s Degree
- English Language validation is MUST
- Must be based or willing to relocate in Berlin
Start Date: June 2014
Candidates for this position in Berlin, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, CV and desired salary.
Junior Sales Executive
Highsnobiety is currently looking for a Junior Sales Executive in Berlin, that will be working alongside the Sales and Marketing team helping in driving revenue growth and profitability for all our entities including sites and print magazine.
- Assisting the head of sales and sales team manage current accounts
- Coordinate and plan campaigns for the sales team
- Manage the work-flow of advertising and sales projects between our sales team and outsourced contributors and agencies.
- Creating Sales Proposals for the sales team alongside the Head of Sales
- Maintaining Sales Reports
- Understanding and utilizing contracts and pricing structures
- Developing Market and Competitor Knowledge (Market Research)
- Degree holder of business studies,IT, marketing, advertising or branding
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of Sales Administration experience or Sales/Fashion Background
- Previous experience within a publishing group will be deemed a plus
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Knowledge of Google Advertising Programs/DoubleClick(DFP) and Google Analytics will be considered a bonus
- Must be based in Berlin
If you think you are the right candidate for this position please apply with CV at email@example.com.
Highsnobiety is currently looking for some talented freelance videographers located in New York, London, Paris or Berlin to create engaging and exciting visual content.
- Conceptualisation, direction & postproduction; from shoot through to edit, including sound, color and grade
- Responsible for all camera setups, lighting, and proper camera operation on production projects
- Responsible for providing own equipment / ability to source proper equip- ment for shoots, audio recordings, lighting, etc…
- Understand copyright responsibilities
- Scout and source locations, stories and talent on our behalf (plus)
- projecting job turnaround times accurately
- very high interest in fashion/streetfashion
- experience in creative shooting, possess a strong creative vision and a passion for delivering quality content
- Excellent sense of visual composition, movement and perspective
- Ability to combine creativity with technical skills
- Constant aspiration to keep up date with filming methods and equipment
- Proficiency in using editing programs such as Final Cut pro, audio software and the CS Creative Suite
- motion graphics using tools like After Effects is a plus
If you think you are the right candidate for this position please apply with CV and examples of your work/portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highsnobiety is currently looking for freelance editors all over the globe.
- Prepare, write and edit posts for Highsnobiety
- Develop content and ideas for features with consideration of reader and audience
- Maintain a good communication and dialogue with fellow staff writers and editors
- Review and moderate all stories on the sites, ensuring all text and images are
consistent with our standards
- Eligible to work and based in Berlin
- Strong grasp of the English language
- Online editors must have excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Understanding of the special requirements for writing online, such as the use of
keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with contributors and designers
- Interest in fashion and basic knowledge in streetfashion is a plus
- Critical eye for details in all aspects of visual design, including typography, color
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills is a plus
Candidates for this position, please apply at email@example.com with cover letter, CV, desired salary and include 3 short writing samples (not more than 500 words) in relevant topics to our industry.
Highsnobiety offers internships in Marketing and Editorial Teams in Berlin and New York on a regular basis. If you are interested in gaining work experience, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information on current vacancies.