1 more

The French are in, no doubt, need of change. An auspicious entry to last years World Cup ended in spectacular exit. A change in look is one way to begin resurgence.

Yesterday, with little fanfare, the French Federation announced a new partnership with Nike. Trading on the spirit of French elegance, the new National Team Kit comes in blue with a hit of red on the turn up sleeve. A true collar employs a standard simplicity, tying to traditions of French fashion.

Aside from style, the notable achievement of the kit is a furthering of Nike’s push towards fully sustainable athletic wear. 96% of the material is derived from recycled polyester, the remaining 4% of organic cotton. This makes the French Federation National Team Kit the World’s most environmentally friendly.

Above, the kit is modeled by, from left to right, Yann MVila, Abou Diaby, Florent Malouda and Alou Diarra.

The new FFF uniform will debut when France plays Brasil at the Stade de France on February, 9th, 2011.

A detailed look at the new kit after the jump.

What To Read Next