Crepes of Wrath shares this recipe for lettuce wrapped Asian ground beef which they swear is healthy (low carb) and a perfect alternative to PF Chang’s version. Their recipe calls for ground beef, but it is clear that it can be made with chicken, pork, steak, or whatever else you want to fill the lettuce with.
Learn more about the lettuce wrapped Asian ground beef on the following page…
We share the ingredients list to get you started with the ground beef lettuce wraps.
– bibb or butter lettuce leaves
– 1 pound lean ground beef (80/20 or 85/15 beef/fat content preferred)
– 1 tablespoon cooking oil
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
– 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger
– 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
– Asian chile pepper sauce (optional)
– 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
– 1 bunch green onions, chopped
– 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil”
That should get you started. Visit Crepes of Wrath for full preparation instructions.