LG Electronics revealed this week its newest premium mobile device with the announcement of the Optimus G, a high-end smartphone that offers powerful performance, an elegant and sleek design, and an innovative user experience. As the first LTE device featuring the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad-Core processor, Optimus G is supposed to set the foundation for every future premium smartphone from LG.
Next to the new processor, the display is one of the most impressive features of the new LG device. It comes with a 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ display with 320ppi high pixel density (1280×768 pixels) and Stripe RGB IPS Panel with 15:9 aspect ratio.
In terms of design, LG certainly set the benchmark higher as well. At a first look, the device definitely looks great. Now we have to see it live to really be able to judge the quality of the materials used on it.
· Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU, Adreno 320 GPU with 4G LTE
· Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
· Network: 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
· Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280×768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
· Memory: 32GB
· RAM: 2GB DDR
· Cameras: 13.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
· Battery: 2,100 mAh
· Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
· Weight: 145g
· Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC
The device will first debut in Japan, with a global release to follow September 2012.