Continuing Simpsons Week, we present a roundup of our 10 favorite quotes.
I love The Simpsons. My love for them is like a man’s for fine cuban cigar. I’m also a nerd. I seem very nice but I’m clearly a nerd. You’d think that, as a Springfieldophile hack, trying to condense The Simpsons into 10 iconic quotes would be one of my many lifelong goals. As work goes, not undelicious. Excellent.
In truth, I feel like a mule with a spinning wheel. You don’t win friends with missing out someone’s favorite and everyone has a different one. You can see the comments section: Worst. List. Ever. This article both sucks and blows.
So it’s come to this: A Simpsons Quotes List.
10. “The most rewarding part was when he gave me my money.”
Dr. Nick Riviera’s invaluable guide to enjoying the world of work.
9. “Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film The Never-Ending Story”
Lionel Hutz on litigation.
8. “We must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.”
Kang/Bill Clinton on political rhetoric.
7. “Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain”
Homer on life-long learning.
6. “Everything’s coming up Milhouse!”
Milhouse on success.
5. “And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.”
Kent Brockman on impartial journalism.
4. “Dental Plan, Lisa Needs Braces”
Lenny and Marge on health insurance.
3. “Bonjour! Ya cheese-eating surrender monkeys!”
Groundskeeper Willie on international relations.
2. “I never heard that word before I moved to Springfield.” “I don’t know why, It’s a perfectly cromulent word.”
Ms. Krabappel and Ms. Hoover on linguistics.
1. “To alcohol! The cause of – and the solution to – all life’s problems!”
Homer on life.