Forbes‘ annual rich lists continue with a rundown of the sporting world’s most valuable brands. Calculating each athlete’s brand value by comparing the gap between their endorsement earnings and the average of their peers, the list lays out which stars have earned the most from their lucrative sponsorship deals. For the first time since 2007, Tiger Woods is not at the list’s top – usurped by NBA superstar LeBron James, who pulled in a sizable $57 million in off the court deals, totaling $37M more than his NBA colleagues. Other notable additions include tennis maestro Rafael Nadal, who appears in the list for the first time with a total brand value of $10 million.
1. LeBron James ($37 million)
2. Tiger Woods ($36 million)
3. Roger Federer ($32 million)
4. Phil Mickelson ($29 million)
5. Mahendra Singh Dhoni ($20 million)
6. Usain Bolt ($19 million)
7. Cristiano Ronaldo ($17 million)
8. Kobe Bryant ($15 million)
9. Lionel Messi ($12 million)
10. Rafael Nadal ($10 million)
If looking at lists of vastly wealthy athletes hasn’t left you completely demoralized, then we suggest you go and check out Forbes‘ “Cash Kings 2014” list, detailing the riches of hip-hop’s wealthiest stars.
- Source: Forbes