In 2001 Steve Jobs stepped onto the stage at an event and announced the original iPod. Many had expected a new Newton type device, a personal organizer, but certainly not a hard drive music player. As such the reactions to the announcement were extremely negative across the board, because nobody realized at the time what incredible impact the iPod would have on the music industry, on the computer industry, and how it would change Apple’s business forever. The iPod was essentially the base for the iPhone, which made Apple the most valuable company in the world these last years. Check out some of the amazing reactions to the announcement in 2001 here below.
1) iPoop… iCry. I was so hoping for something more.
2) Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player. Go Steve! Where’s the Newton?!
3) Sounds very revolutionary to me.
hey – heres an idea Apple – rather than enter the world of gimmicks and toys, why dont you spend a little more time sorting out your pathetically expensive and crap server line up?
or are you really aiming to become a glorified consumer gimmicks firm?
4) I still can’t believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who cares about an MP3 player? I want something new! I want them to think differently!
5) gee! an mp3 player with a HD! how original! kinda reminds me of a JUKEBOX i once knew..
To date, the first Apple iPod released 14 years ago and has become one of the most revolutionary devices of our time.
Watch the presentation here below.
- Source: MacRumors