Microsoft founder Bill Gates is once again crowned the richest person on Earth as Forbes reveals its 2017 rich list. The full list reveals the number of global billionaires rose 13 percent to 2,042, the biggest annual increase since the magazine began compiling the list.
According to Forbes, Gates’s fortune rose to $86bn, from $75bn, shortly followed by investor Warren Buffett, up $14.8bn to $75.6bn. Others in the top 10 include Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (number three), Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (number five), Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison (number seven), and others.
The list, once again dominated by U.S. billionaires, wasn’t good news for everybody. President Donald Trump slipped 220 spots to 544 and must now somehow make ends meet with just $3.5bn.
Check out the top ten below, then head over to Forbes for the full list.
1. Bill Gates, Microsoft, USA — $86 Billion USD
2. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, USA — $75.6 Billion USD
3. Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, USA — $72.8 Billion USD
4. Amancio Ortega, Zara, Spain — $71.3 Billion USD
5. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, USA — $56 Billion USD
6. Carlos Slim Helo, telecom, Mexico — $54.4 Billion USD
7. Larry Ellison, software, USA — $52.2 Billion USD
8. Charles Koch, diversified, USA — $48.3 Billion USD
9. David Koch, diversified, USA — $48.3 Billion USD
10. Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg LP, USA — $47.5 Billion USD
In other news, Penelope Cruz has been cast as Donatella Versace in American Crime Story.