2018 was a year full of really great products. Now that winter is actually here, our fashion team took a deep dive into showrooms, stores, and designer studios all over the world to narrow down the best puffer jackets of the year.
Of course, loyal Highsnobiety readers know how seriously we take outerwear. In addition to rounding up some of 2018’s best puffers to cop right now, our jawns-addicted shopping squad even highlighted some of the year’s most fire luxury jackets.
So when we wanted to highlight gamechanging puffers from labels like Templa Projects, Dior Homme, Calvin Klein 205W39NYC, Rhude, and more (including our recent collaboration with NYC-based label The Arrivals)—we decided to do things a bit differently.
That’s why we tapped the creative lens of photographer and director Bon Duke. He’s done several campaigns for labels like Prabal Gurung, Nike, Public School, Uniqlo, and 3.1 Philip Lim—among countless others. The Brooklyn native has a penchant for adding a distinctively young New York attitude in his work, and it shows in this editorial.
We also hit up several artists and creatives from all walks of life to show off these pieces, because we like how their personal sense of style really gives each puffer jacket a different look and feel. Who knows? It might inspire a few of your best winter ‘fits along the way.
For more on the best stuff 2018 had to offer, check out our Highsnobiety Crowns.
- Director: Bon Duke
- Fashion Editor-at-Large: Corey Stokes
- Cinematographer: Steven Mastorelli
- AC: Alex Huang
- Producer: Brandon Littlejohn
- Assistant Stylist: Rashied Black
- Hair Stylist: Robyn Michele
- Makeup Artist: Alana Wright
- Models: Kadeem Johnson, Johan Galaxy, Magne Ndiaye, Naomi Elizée, Chester Berry, Antwuan Sargent, Ross Lee, Ariana Duplechain-Cook, Dan Solomito
- Additional Brands: Vince, Cotton Citizen, Helmut Lang, RAEN, Acne Studios, Converse, Rick Owens, Illesteva, Blundstone,