Redditors have been working hard to create content, conversations and communities more so than ever before, and after 900 million comments and 12 billion upvotes, check out the full rundown below.
Most Upvoted Posts of 2017
1. “The Senate. Upvote this so that people see it when they Google ‘The Senate.’”
2. “Private Internet Access, a VPN provider, takes out a full page ad in The New York Times calling out 50 senators.”
3. “Gas station worker takes precautionary measures after customer refused to put out his cigarette.”
4. “This is Shelia Fredrick, a flight attendant. She noticed a terrified girl accompanied by an older man. She left a note in the bathroom on which the victim wrote that she needed help. The police was alerted & the girl was saved from a human trafficker. We should honor our heroes.”
5. “My dad waits every year for the day the sun rises just right and reflects along the railroad tracks, Today was that day!”
6. “And here it is: Likely the last sketch I’ll ever post on Reddit. It’s been a wild ride, guys and girls. Thanks for everything.”
7. “Half-naked girls get thousands of upvotes, how many for our boy in blue?”
8. “Reddit’s Immigrants”
9. “Protect Net Neutrality. Save the Internet.”
10. “We need your voice as we continue the fight for net neutrality.”
The site also highlighted its top AMAs, where users are encouraged to ask the host anything.
Top AMAs of 2017
1. “I’m Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Ask Me Anything.”
2. “I’m Alan Sealls, your friendly neighborhood meteorologist who woke up one day to Reddit calling me the ‘Best weatherman ever’ AMA.”
3. “Joe Manchin refused to listen to our pleas for help. He said, “I’m not changing. Find somebody else who can beat me and vote me out.“ So, I took him up on it. I’m running for US Senate for the beautiful State of West Virginia, and my name is Paula Jean Swearengin. AMA”
4. “I am Elon Musk, ask me anything about BFR!”
5. “I’m the Monopoly Man that trolled Equifax — AMA!”
6. “Good news, Redditors! We are Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, Billy West, and John Dimaggio, here to talk all things FUTURAMA! Ask away, meatbags!”
7. “I was Goofy at Walt Disney World for over 20 years! AMA! (This post is not for those who wish to preserve the Disney Magic)”
8. “I am Dr. Jane Goodall, a scientist, conservationist, peacemaker, and mentor. AMA.”
9. “I spent 21 years in prison for a murder I didn’t commit, and my story was just made into a movie. AMA.”
10. “President Trump has threatened national monuments, resumed Arctic drilling, and approved the Dakota Access pipeline. I’m an environmental lawyer taking him to court. AMA!”
You can view the entire coverage directly at Reddit now.
In other end of year roundups, here are the ten movies that defined 2017.