Most of this is thanks to her role as a Marvel Avenger, with her performances as the Black Widow bringing in sweet paychecks — despite not having her own standalone movie yet. A Black Widow movie is in the works, though, and although there is no release date as yet, ScarJo will reprise the role in the fourth Avengers film next year.
Discussing cast pay last year, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said, “The percent of budget costs have certainly skewed heavy, particularly on the Avengers movies, to cast now, whereas maybe in the early ones it was more visual effects or below the line. But that’s okay because [the actors] are the best effects.”
Forbes‘ top 10 is as follows:
1. Scarlett Johansson — $40.5 million
2. Angelina Jolie — $28 million
3. Jennifer Aniston — $19.5 million
4. Jennifer Lawrence — $18 million
5. Reese Witherspoon — $16.5 million
6. Mila Kunis — $16 million
7. Julia Roberts — $13 million
8. Cate Blanchett — $12.5 million
9. Melissa McCarthy — $12 million
10. Gal Gadot — $10 million
Are you hyped for Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow movie? Share your thoughts in the comments.
In other Marvel news, Netflix just shared the first trailer for ‘Iron Fist’ season two.