2 Chainz remains one of the most under-appreciated rappers on the planet. He’s a unifying force in Atlanta, where he’s been at the heart of cementing his city’s spot as the best source of new hip-hop in the past decade. Despite releasing project after project with undisputed heat, he’s never been able to elevate his status to the level of the Drake’s and the Lil Wayne’s of this world – despite working with them frequently. But what’s never been in doubt is the fact that 2 Chainz is one of the funniest rappers on the planet.
2 Chainz usually gets creative in the kitchen on the mic – his lyrical arsenal contains an unparalleled amount of food-related rumination – alongside the more archetypal hip-hop go-tos incorporating excessive expenditure and sexual boasts. 2 Chainz’ array of absolutely absurd bars are unlike any other rapper in the game, and with his new record Pretty Girls Like Trap Music dropping this Friday, we wanted to toast the oft-overlooked Tity Boi by compiling a list of his most hysterical bars. We could honestly have picked a list of hundreds of his couplets or one-liners, but we eventually whittled it down to (a mere) 20 of his most hilarious lyrics.
20. “I’m so high I can sing to a chandelier / My flow a glass of Ace of Spade and yours a can of beer”
If 2 Chainz serenading a chandelier wasn’t jokes enough, his beverage boast is completely next level.
19. “You know I look like a safe, I put you back in your place / I look you right in your face, sing to your bitch like I’m Drake”
18. “Drinkin’ breast milk out a lean cup”
Very Lars Von Trier.
17. “Turn the cameltoe / Into casserole”
16. “Ass so big, I told her to look back at it”
2 Chainz logic at it’s finest.
15. “Okay, now catch up to my campaign / Coupe the color of mayonnaise”
14. “Got a Chanel chain, on top of Chanel chain, on top of Chanel chain, on top of Chanel chain GODDAMN!”
Also shout out the iconic, “2 Chainz but I got me a few on”
13. “Wood grain, chestnut / Titty fuck, chest nut”
12. “Every line is dope, you can snort it / Working in the pot, I can make you do aerobics”
The definition of coke bars.
11. “Horsepower, horsepower, all this Polo on, I got horsepower”
10. “Dippin’ it like fondue, spinach dip, cheese stick / Appetizers, entrees, it’s you in that lingerie”
Culinary linguistics off the chain.
9. “On top, from the back, I Thundercat like (HOE!) / My girl got a big purse with a purse in it / And her pussy so clean I can go to church in it!”
This bar > any of Kendrick’s in “Doves In The Wind.”
8. “If I die, bury me inside the Louis store”
One of his most iconic bars, from arguably his most iconic song.
7. “GI-VEN-CHY, N*gga God Bless you”
It actually does sound like a French person sneezing, when 2 Chainz puts like that.
6. “Then put a fat rabbit on the Craftmatic / I am so high…attic / I am so high like an…addict”
Chance The Rappers’s favorite 2 Chainz bar, if his ‘Verified’ Genius annotation is anything to go by.
5. “My wrist deserve a shout-out, I’m like ‘What up, wrist / My stove deserve a shout-out, I’m like ‘What up, stove?’”
The unsung heroes of Trap.
4. “Thousand-dollar shoes on your sofa / My other trap n*gga watchin Oprah”
This speaks for itself.
3. “My favorite dish is turkey lasagna / Even my pajamas designer”
I’ve never eaten turkey lasagna. Must be nice.
2. “Walked in, Ill n*gga alert! ill n*gga alert!”
Whenever 2 Chainz walks in the room, you’re gonna notice all 6″6 of him.
1. “She got a big booty, So I call her big booty”
It had to be, didn’t it?
For more of our lists, check out the 40 best Kanye West songs of all time right here.
- Main Image: Getty