For Spring Summer ’20, Saint Laurent Creative Director Anthony Vaccarello wants us to channel our inner 1970s rockstar, and we’re here for it. He cited musicians from the glamorous era as influential in his designs, but this isn’t your typical “rockstar” collection. It’s interpreted through the lens of Vaccarello, who incorporated references long associated with the house’s heritage as well as drawing on personal narratives. He cited Marrakesh, a place Yves Saint Laurent is famously associated with for the time he spent there, but reimagined as a modern-day L.A. The result is a collection that is bohemian and free-spirited, with a touch of Parisian effortlessness and nonchalance.
The collection balances nods to Morocco, with djellabas, tassels, and embroidery, with tailored separates that would be equally at home on a present-day performer as they would be mixed in with streetwear offstage.
To get a closer look, we shot Saint Laurent’s Spring Summer ’20 Menswear collection at an old motel in Los Angeles, and captured what a rockstar would pack going on tour today.
Kick back and indulge in the chic world of Anthony Vaccarello’s Saint Laurent with us. And for more, visit YSL.com.
- Executive Producer: Klaudia Podsiadlo
- Project Manager: Jack Schulze
- Photography: Julian Burgueno
- 1st Photo Assistant: Alberto Figueroa
- 2nd Photo Assistant: Chris Burgueno
- Gaffer: Michael Proa
- Gaffer Assistant: Nick Almanza
- Styling: Henna Koskinen
- Styling Assistant: Camille Leppen
- Hair: Tiago Goya
- Hair Assistant: Sadaf Azimi
- Make-Up: Sara Tagaloa
- Make-Up Assistant: Shannon Trigger
- Set Design: Carlos Anthony Lopez
- Set Design Assistant: Heidi Niedermeyer
- Casting Director: Dominik Wimmer
- Model: Karim Turk @IMG Los Angeles
- Model: Dagsen Love @IMG Los Angeles
- Model: Emma Peet @DT Model Management
- Executive Producer (Video): Sara Nix @Partizan
- Director: Aisultan Seitov @Partizan
- Director of Photography: Xia Long
- Steadicam: Nick Muller
- 1st AC: Terra Gutman
- 2nd AC: Andy Chu
- Video Editor: Timur Dulatov
- Colorist: Yerlan Tanayev
- Production Supervisor: Meredith Kurey @Partizan
- Music: Dias Adil & Qonyratbay Fam - Kim Sen