This piece appears as part of “Not In Paris,” an online exhibition hosted and curated by Highsnobiety. Head here to see the full series.
For our special exhibition, Danish rainwear brand Rains is teasing its SS21 collection, titled “Never Lost.” Set backstage at fashion week, in the traditionally transitional space between the runway and the outside world, it captures the atmosphere of anticipation for the main event. As Rains co-founder Philip Lotko explains: “Waiting can often times get a bad reputation as a reaction to something that’s gone awry. In these times, waiting has been the strategy to pull through.”
The film also delivers a taster for the forthcoming season, which will explore questions significant to our current climate and what that means for the future of fashion. The next season will push you to think about, “which institutionalized methods of presenting fashion are holding us back from the future?” while Rains asks “how [it] want[s] to present collections in five or 10 years’ time?”
These concepts are navigated and teased via dramatic camera work and powerful compositions, which also highlight the standout silhouettes in Rains’ SS21 collection. At its core, “Never Lost” is undeniably futuristic, a reflection of an ongoing commitment to rethinking the quality of rainwear, as well as an emerging focus on the future of fashion.
Handled in a playful manner, the collection explores texture — polyurethane surfaces mimic linen, for example — and colorways like Pearl, Blush, Taupe, and Olive, all while keeping true to its heritage of Scandinavian simplicity.
Are you also “Not In Paris?” Not to worry, you too can join in on the non-gathering with our exclusive set of merch. Shop the collection here.
- Creative Direction: Moon International
- Styling: Pernille Teisbaek
- Styling Assistant: Emma Juestesen
- Hair Artist: Mette Thorsgaard
- Hair Assistant: Julie Prødel
- Makeup Artist: Trine Skjøth
- Makeup Assistant: Isabel Fjelking
- Casting: Olivia Hess Danielsson
- Talent: Caroline Knudsen, Le Management
- Talent: Mona Ali, Le Management
- Talent: Rikke Nora, Scoop
- Talent: Alma Lund, Unique
- Talent: Lukas Gomann, Scoop
- Talent: Ibrahim Ahmed, Unique
- Talent: Adam Thyssen, Unique
- Talent: Peter Gerlach, Le Management
- Talent: Anton Angawa, Nisch Mgmt.
- A special thanks to: Diemme