As Kanye West prepares to drop DONDA in mere days, he's hosting his own national holiday. Yes, today is "YEEZY Day," and it is going down today, August 2, on the YEEZY Supply website as well as adidas EU.
This year has seen plenty of releases from the rapper's longstanding collaborative adidas line, including the polarizing Foam Runner silhouette, the summer-ready YEEZY Slide sandal in multiple colorways, the futuristic 450 (which instantly became a fan-favorite), as well as more versions of the signature 350 V2. If this year's event is anything like the previous YEEZY Day, lucky fans will be able to snag multiple silhouettes of once-sold-out sneakers at retail (emphasis on lucky).
The last YEEZY Day took place in August 2019, where a handful of styles were released every 30 minutes across both YEEZY Supply and the adidas website. The August 2, 2021 event has thus far been of the same vein, except that the launches are spaced out by hours. Further, it may continue into August 3 for European YEEZY aficionados, though that's not guaranteed. Still, given Kanye's own frenetic schedule, who's to say that there has to be only one YEEZY Day?
These were all the sneakers we saw:
- The YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 in "White/Core Black/Red" (aka "Zebra"), "Cloud White RF," "Synth RF," "Glow," and "Mono Cinder"
- The YEEZY BOOST 500 "Utility Black"
- The YEEZY BOOST 700 in "Multi Solid Grey"
- The YEEZY BOOST 700 V3 "Dark Glow"
- The YEEZY QNTM in, well, "QNTM"
- The YEEZY Powerphase in "Quiet Grey" and "Simple Brown"