Business of Fashion has revealed its annual list of the highest-ranking fashion schools in the world. The rigorous classification process takes into account global influence, learning experience, long-term value as well as data from over 10,000 students, 75 HR professionals and BoF’s own analytics. The list also provides useful information such as tuition fees, acceptance rate, number of international students and student-to-teacher ratio.
For undergraduate courses, Central St. Martins took the number one spot with a score of 95 percent and go figure, it’s impressive list of alumni include Alexander McQueen, Riccardo Tisci, John Galliano and Phoebe Philo – and that’s just the fashion designers.
Also making the cut was the prestigious Parsons School of Design in New York as well as institutions in Israel and Finland. For undergraduate courses, the list of best fashions schools in the world is currently as follows:
1. Central St. Martins – London, UK
2. Parsons School of Design – New York, USA
3. Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp – Antwerp, Belgium
4. London College of Fashion- London, UK
5. Aalto University, School of Arts, Design and Architecture – Helsinki, Finland
6. Shenkar College of Engineering, Design and Art – Ramat-Gan, Israel
7. Fashion Institute Technology – New York, USA
8. Polimoda- Florence, Italy
9. Kingston University – London, UK
10. University of Westminster – London, UK
To learn more about how the ranking system works, rankings for post-graduate courses, as well as why some schools may be conspicuously absent from the list check out the full report on Business of Fashion.
- Lead & Main Image: Polimoda