To celebrate the release of the new Air Max 270 React, Nike has commissioned art to go along with each of the colorways. Each new colorway was inspired by a modern art movement, so seven artists were given the opportunity to create bespoke pieces with their own interpretation of the movements.
The Bauhaus sneaker, for example, takes inspiration from the movement’s emphasis on asymmetrical balance, while the impressionism sneaker invokes the movement’s embrace of pure, intense colors with different hues of blue.
Credits for the artists are as follows:
- Bauhaus / Moses Adesanya /@moadesanya
- Geometric / Jasmin Sehra /@jasminsehra
- Mid Century / Denzel Kessie /@bllackline
- Psychedelic / HAM the illustrator /@hamtheillustrator
- Impressionism / Koby Martin /@koby_martin
- American Modern / Kingsley Nebechi / @kingsleynebechi
- Optical / Erin Aniker /@erinaniker
The 270 React is available to cop now at Nike and select retailers.
For more on Nike, check out what we think are the best sneakers from the Swoosh in 2019.