From Apple losing its legal battle to Italian clothing company, “Steve Jobs,” to fans around the world only just realizing why Charlie Brooker actually named his cult production Black Mirror, this week’s roundup of hilarious reader comments reminds us all how taking the “hype industry” with a pinch of salt might be healthy from time to time.
As well as this, Kiko Kostadinov’s latest ASICS collaboration has been garnering a fair amount of attention, Balenciaga’s meme-worthy Triple S sneaker has surfaced in a variety of new colors, and we broke down a few reasons as to why you shouldn’t be mad at yourself for buying fake sneakers.
Below you’ll find a roundup of our favorite comments, spanning the aforementioned posts and a few others. Be sure to keep the funny, interesting, and bizarre comments coming, and in the meantime check out this week’s finest below.
Please keep in mind these comments are meant to be taken as jokes and are only highlighted for the comedic effect they offer.
10. “I’m Italian and I want to say something:
Sorry for this Italian bullshit.” — Pietro Battiston
Original Post: Joey Bada$$ Secretly Co-Wrote Post Malone’s “Rockstar”
9. “How tf did it take two people to write, that is the real question.” — Richard Jones
Original Post: There’s No Reason to Be Mad at Fake Kicks, Here’s Why
8. “If you paying full price for shoes that you could get for $50.
You’re the dumb ass.” — Adam Crocker
7. “Need to see this in daylight.” — Jeremy Lesiputty
6. In response to the comment: “Buy this so I can step on it for u.” — “I would ask you to step on it cos they ugs.” — Sam Johnson
5. “They’re absolutely hideous and I want 6.” — John Connell
Original Post: There’s a 40% Chance Apple Will Buy Netflix
4. “They’ll make it so you’ll need an Apple device to access Netflix. Then in a year they’ll make you get a new device because they changed the power source. Then you’ll have to get an adaptor for HDMI because they took that away. And then they’ll slow your new device so you can buy another and do it all again.” — Ronnie Watson
3. “Especially when you watchin’ porn, and your laptop battery dies. You see that desperate face.” — Tomas Šaltis
2. “‘TTHE LUUUUUDESSSSS.’” — Anthony Gilmore
Original Post: Here’s How to Buy Kiko Kostadinov’s ASICS GEL-BURZ 1
1. “They look like a shoe that a CEO would wear with a fleece and wide leg jeans.” — Quincy AspeQt Bevineau
And in a further mocking of the fashion industry, Balenciaga’s SS18 lookbook just received a hilarious animated makeover.