Double Tap to Zoom

After almost a decade at KENZO, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are stepping down from their role at the LVMH brand, The Business of Fashion has confirmed.

The duo — who served as LVMH's first Asian-American artistic directors — were first appointed at KENZO in 2011, and since then have been injecting the brand with their streetwear-minded aesthetic. They will now focus solely on Opening Ceremony.

"Humberto and Carol consistently brought diversity and inclusion to the forefront at KENZO, using their collections, fashion shows, advertising, and special projects to engage and galvanize a new generation of creatives," KENZO chief executive Sylvie Colin told BoF.

Leon and Lim will show their last KENZO collection in Paris on June 23 and officially leave the house on July 1. LVMH Fashion Group chief executive Sidney Toledano told BoF that there are plans in motion to develop KENZO beyond the brand we know today and a successor will be named shortly.

Hopefully, this also means that there'll be a bunch of exciting new projects coming out of Opening Ceremony soon, too. Updates to follow.

 

We Recommend
  • These Are the Stocking Stuffers You Actually Want
  • After 30 Years of Collaborating, Nigo & Futura Break New Ground
  • Workwear Jackets Work All Year Round
  • The Japanese Clothing Brands Every Highsnobiety Reader Should Know & Where to Buy Them
What To Read Next
  • Vans' Vibram-Soled Skate Shoe Has the (Hot) Sauce
  • At a Rare Art Show, the Elusive Martin Margiela Gets a Little Less Anonymous
  • After Years of Military-Coded New Balances, WTAPS Devised a Pared-Back Beauty
  • New Balance's Chocolate Dad Shoe Belongs In a Bakery
  • ​​adidas’ Crazy Washed Denim Samba Has Stars & Stripes
  • A Surprisingly Stylish New Balance Basketball Dad Shoe