Nike’s SNEAKRS app, the EU version of SNRKS, turned one year old today, August 8. To celebrate, Nike re-stocked a number of this year’s most hyped sneakers. According to the SNEAKRS Twitter account, all drops have sold out.
Nike announced re-stock information through the app at 10 AM CEST by posting a cryptic image (screenshot below) with clues as to what sneakers would be available. Sneakerheads then had to search the app to “unlock” these exclusive offers.
The clue hinted towards several Virgil Abloh and Air designs making a brief appearance. Below, we’ve tried to decipher the clues for you:
- As Tinker Intended: The Nike Air Jordan III “Tinker” released with a Swoosh on the lateral side. The original Air Jordan III was released without a Swoosh.
- Rameses is the mascot for the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill — Michael Jordan’s alma mater.
- The black and white dots with Aboh’s signature quotation marks signify the black and white versions of the OFF-WHITE x Nike Air VaporMax.
- Chi-Town references Don C’s Air Jodan 312 collaboration.
- The Japanese script refers to the Atmos x Nike Air Max 1 “Animal Pack” collaboration.
- The Chinese script is believed to reference the Atmos Nike Air Max 95 “Animal Pack” collaboration.
- The upside down smiling emoji symbolizes the Seaon Wotherspoon x Nike Air Max 1/97, which featured similar motifs and imagery.
The Nike Air Jordan III “Tinker,” OFF-WHITE x Nike Air Jordan 1 “UNC,” both black and white OFF-WHITE Air VaporMaxes, Sean Wotherspoon’s Air Max 1/97,the Don C x Nike Air Jordan 312, and the Atmos Air Max “Animal Pack” were all available for a short period of time and, at time of writing, are sold out.
Each re-stock was unlocked via easter eggs within the SNEAKRS app. Customers had to find the old SNEAKRS page for each sneaker and “color in” a specific image on each page. This would then unlock the sneaker on your feed for a short time, allowing you to purchase and check out.
Sneakerheads were predictably unhappy at how quickly the restocks seemed to sell out, while others were frustrated with the ambiguity of Nike’s hints, some not even able to unlock the sneakers before they were sold out.
Alternatively, with today’s new drops come some of the lowest resale prices on each new sneaker re-release. Click through below to see how anything you missed out on at SNEAKRS is faring on the resell market.
Air Jordan 1 UNC
OFF-WHITE Vapormax White
OFF-WHITE Vapormax Black
Sean Wotherspoon Air Max 97
Air Jordan 3 Tinker
Atmos Air Max 95
Animal Air Max 1
To stay updated on everything happening in the sneaker world, follow @Highsnobietysneakers on Instagram, check our sneaker release date calendar and subscribe to our sneaker chatbot on Facebook to receive lightning quick updates to your inbox.