Design
Where form meets function

After confirming it was looking into iPhone X bug issues, Apple just might have another case on its hands in the form of exploding AirPods. As per Mashable, a Florida resident has claimed that his AirPods blew up while he was at the gym.

According to reports, Jason Colon was listening to music at the gym when the right side of the wireless earphones started emitting white smoke. Colon alleges he promptly left the AirPods on a piece of gym equipment and ran to get help. Upon his return, they were completely charred.

“I don’t know what would’ve happened to my ear. But I’m sure since it hangs down, it could’ve been [my] earlobe. My earlobes could’ve been burnt,” he said to a local news station.

This is not the first time a tech product has been called into question. Just last year, Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 was recalled because of self-combusting batteries.

As this is the first reported instance of an AirPod allegedly blowing up, an Apple spokesperson said the company was investigating the claim. For more on this visit Mashable and check out the news report below.

In related tech news, Highsnobiety gets up close and personal with the Apple HomePod.

  • Source: Mashable
  • Main & Featured Image: Stephen Lam / Getty Images

A Berlin-based gal from Brum.

What To Read Next