Fanatics and a few celebrities shook hands on a mega deal, hitting checkout on a group order to buy sportswear brand Mitchell & Ness.

On February 18, Fanatics partnered with famous folks that include JAY-Z and a celebrity group including Meek Mill, Lil Baby, LeBron James's longtime business partner Maverick Carter, and the TikTok-famous D'Amelio family to purchase a portion of Mitchell & Ness.

The price tag? According to sources, the acquisition of Mitchell & Ness was valued at $250 Million.

As reported by Yahoo Sports, Fanatics will retain 75% of Mitchell & Ness, leaving the remaining 25% in the hands of the celeb investors.

Fanatics will pretty much let Mitchell & Ness do what it does best: maintain its strong streetwear presence and push out nostalgic products. The iconic jersey brand will function as a separate division, with Fanatics adding the company's overall framework, including licenses, to its growing portfolio.

The plan is to combine the expertise of Fanatics, the entertainers, and Mitchell & Ness for bigger and better sports apparel, accessories, and more. Basically, get ready for some pretty dope collections and campaigns coming up (and definitely some clean throwback jerseys).

"Fashion is cyclical, but classics are forever. Mitchell & Ness is a true classic," JAY-Z, who became a Fanatics investor in 2021, says in a statement.

"I was an early adopter of this brand, as well as a part of a departure from athletic wear. I'm proud to play a small role in bringing it back, and in some cases, introducing the authenticity and quality of the Mitchell & Ness brand to a new generation."⁠

In 2021, Mitchell & Ness, which collaborated with Kith and Just Don in the past, brought in $350 million in revenue. On the other hand, Fanatics saw a stellar year with a $325 million raise, becoming an $18-billion-valued company. Of course, a shoutout goes to investments from Mr. JAY-Z and Roc Nation.

Now, with this latest power move, sports giant-dom may be in Fanatics' future.

With the Tiffany & Co. ambassador involved, summer is starting to look Y2K-ish with white tees and jerseys.

What To Read Next

  • Image on Highsnobiety

    New Balance Is Not Slowing Down With The 2002R Releases

    Sneakers
  • Image on Highsnobiety

    A Life-Size Perfume Bottle Walked Olivier Rousteing's Jean Paul Gaultier Couture

    Style
  • Image on Highsnobiety

    Pas Normal Studios’ New CPH Flagship Is a Cyclist’s Dream

    Style
  • Image on Highsnobiety

    RTFKT Continues Its NFT Wins With Space Drip

    Culture
  • Image on Highsnobiety

    The Best White Sneakers in Women's Sizes

  • Image on Highsnobiety

    Here's How to Get 3 Months of TIDAL Premium for $3

    Music
*If you submitted your e-mail address and placed an order, we may use your e-mail address to inform you regularly about similar products without prior explicit consent. You can object to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. Each newsletter contains an unsubscribe link. Alternatively, you can object to receiving the newsletter at any time by sending an e-mail to info@highsnobiety.com

Web Accessibility Statement

Titelmedia (Highsnobiety), is committed to facilitating and improving the accessibility and usability of its Website, www.highsnobiety.com. Titelmedia strives to ensure that its Website services and content are accessible to persons with disabilities including users of screen reader technology. To accomplish this, Titelmedia has engaged UsableNet Inc, a leading web accessibility consultant to help test, remediate and maintain our Website in-line with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), which also bring the Website into conformance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

Disclaimer

Please be aware that our efforts to maintain accessibility and usability are ongoing. While we strive to make the Website as accessible as possible some issues can be encountered by different assistive technology as the range of assistive technology is wide and varied.

Contact Us

If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular webpage on this Website, please contact us at accessibility@highsnobiety.com, +49 (0)30 235 908 500. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the web page and nature of the issue in your email and/or phone call, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page or the information contained therein accessible for you.