On this week’s episode of The Dropcast, internal protests at adidas addressing the company’s racist culture takes center stage. Hosts Noah Thomas and Jian DeLeon discuss the article we published earlier this week, outlining the need for an overhaul of how the company treats its Black employees.
But it’s not all bad news for the sneaker world, as SNEEZE magazine released a Reebok Club C (an adidas-owned company that certainly isn’t faultless either) with all the proceeds going to Black Lives Matter. We also examine some of the better Nike releases this week, how Yelp is making it easier than ever to find Black-owned businesses, and why Philipp Plein is still a fuccboi for his latest BLM shenanigans.
- adidas Employees Protest Internal Racism
- SNEEZE Mag To Donate All Profits From Its Reebok Club C to BLM
- Nike’s Space Hippie Marks a New Era of Sustainable Product
- Michael Jordan & Jordan Brand Pledge $100 Million to the Black Community
- Tremaine Emory On Why He Won’t Release His Converse Collab Until Nike Changes Its Ways
- Another “Be True To Your School” Nike Dunk Drops This Week
- Nike & Drake Are Rumored to Drop a Air Force 1 Next Year
- This Is Your Best Look Yet at the Pharrell x adidas Originals Superstar
- Philipp Plein Is Using Black Lives Matter to Get Out of His Ferrari Lawsuit
- Lewis Hamilton Demands All Racist Statues are Torn Down
- Yelp Is Launching a New Black-Owned Businesses Feature
- KAWS Is Releasing a New Companion Figure in Support of Black Lives Matter