We understand that this week has been jarring, tiring and frustrating for most of us. Whether you've taken to the streets in protest, are educating yourselves and others, or simply checking in with your community, we thank everyone who's doing something to combat systematic racism. In times like these, our weekly comments roundup feels almost too frivolous to post, but we've decided to go ahead anyways, hoping that our readers' biting and silly remarks can be some needed comic relief in an otherwise grim news cycle.
This week, in a powerful move of solidarity Nike and adidas took a united stance against racism. While making a powerful statement about setting differences aside in the face of adversity, some of our clever readers couldn't help but remind us that this still doesn't make it okay to mix Swooshes with the Three Stripes.
We also want to highlight some of our less pressing news for its obvious ridiculousness. Notably, we wrote a post about how clothes made cars cool again – yes, we really did; as if that wasn't enough, we made a list of summer-ready adult shorts; we also got a bit carried away with Nike SB's "Chunky Dunky" sneaker, and of course Kanye made an appearance as well.
Be sure to keep your funny, interesting, and bizarre comments coming, and in the meantime, check out the stories about Nike and adidas coming together, Kanye's new album and many more.
10. "I'm defo not the target audience for these posts." - sinclairsavio
They look good in the dark
Original Post: You Can Cop Ben & Jerry x Nike SB’s ‘Chunky Dunky’ at StockX
9. "Well, if I don’t get them at least I can drown my sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerrys and then put the empty pints on my feet ??" - Danny Seth
8. "Just think how much Ben & Jerry’s you could buy instead." - Adam Lunt
7. "Were they made in the dark?" - Tony Tomko
I admit, it was a longshot
Original Post: How Clothes Made Cars Cool Again
6. "Imagine thinking Supreme saved the car industry." - thealexjones_
5. "Thanks to Supreme I finally know what a car is !!!" - matthewhoyland
4. "Thank god Bape stepped in and saved Formula 1" - Jmikeydafish
The Holy land
Original Post: Kanye West Is Working on a New Album
3. "He's writing an album about Scotland?" - Garry Dow
This doesn't mean I want to see your adidas trackies paired with Air Max
Original Post: Adidas Has Reshared Nike’s Powerful “Don’t Do It” Message
2. "'... And that’s how Adidas and Nike, finally ended racism' - Me, telling my grandsons what happened in 2020." - Iorx McFly
1. "I still don’t want to see Adidas socks with Nike shoes." - Alvin Garseeyuh