Once again, our ever-sarcastic readership have let their opinions be known through a variety of biting, silly, and straight-up savage remarks. It is our happy duty to round up a selection of the very best, so that those of you not directly partaking in the banter may still enjoy all the light-hearted jokes made at the expense of others.
This week, Game of Thrones season eight, episode four, “The Last of the Starks,” got people talking for a whole range of reasons, but mostly it was the stray coffee cup that somehow made its way into a multi-million dollar production that’s been years in the making. Starbucks may have got Game of Thrones-level publicity for free, even though it wasn’t their cup, but the real winner is all of us who get to enjoy those sweet, sweet memes.
Another early-May highlight is always the Met Gala, perfect for whether you love the outfits, or just love laughing at them. 2019’s theme was “Camp,” and, as expected, fragile masculinity as a whole was shook as it saw men in traditionally feminine clothing. Lucky for them, fashion icon Kanye West took an uncharacteristic step back to let his wife Kim shine — literally — and instead wore a non-challenging, $43 Dickies jacket. The man never ceases to amaze.
Be sure to keep your funny, interesting, and bizarre comments coming, and in the meantime, check out the aforementioned stories about the Met Gala, as well as a few more below.
Please keep in mind these comments are meant to be taken as jokes and are only highlighted for the comedic effect they offer.
The good old days
10. “What happened to leaving humorous comments on their posts and waiting for them to slide in your DMs?” – Chaz Kramer (Source: Facebook)
I see what you did there
9. “To be frank, most of us wouldn’t be able to pull it off.” – Chanton Seak (Source: Facebook)
It’s a vicious cycle
8. “Influencers start getting mental health issues due to hidden likes… 🤣” – Kagaya Poon (Source: Facebook)
No, they definitely are
7. “Memes may be better than the episode. 😫😂😂😂” – Kyra Moses (Source: Facebook)
I prefer a flat white walker
6. “I like my coffee like I like my Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3…
DARK. 😆” – Dietrich Gerace (Source: Facebook)
5. “They better be callin’ themselves “Blink Wayne 82″ else am not buyin’…” – Adam Pomroy (Source: Facebook)
4. “He probably bought some Dickies shares and stock too. 😂” – Dave Nutter (Source: Facebook)
3. “Camp men paved the way for you fuckboys to flex on the ‘Gram so show some respect lol.” – Millar Boddington (Source: Facebook)
Sick burn x 2
Original Post: Congratulations Harry Styles, You Won Met Gala 2019
2. “Da fuck did he win? A gift card to Hot Topic?” – Thomas Evans (Source: Facebook)
1. “Just unliked HighSnobriety so I don’t have to see ridiculous stuff like this anymore. Awful.” – Zach Zerr (Source: Highsnobiety)