It’s been a busy seven days for the culture. Not only were we (effectively) given confirmation that Shia LaBeouf is indeed the living source of contemporary menswear, but new developments suggest that YEEZY season has approached. At least if you live in Wyoming.
Elsewhere, Drake and Travis Scott donned their headsets and broke the internet with an epic live gaming session on Twitch, while Ludacris put the “n” in “nominative determinism” with an SXSW rider request which included an iPhone 6 charger. (Yes. An iPhone 6 charger. In 2018.)
On the fashion front, Nike dropped some fresh corduroy AM97 joints (don’t call them a Sean Wotherspoon consolation prize) and the patron saint of ugly sneakers, Raf Simons, showcased his latest “what are thooooose!” creations at Calvin Klein. We dig them, though.
As always, our ever-comical readership was on hand to greet the news with some white-hot takes. Peep some choice highlights below.
Please keep in mind these comments are meant to be taken as jokes and are only highlighted for the comedic effect they offer.
10. “Slap a Supreme sticker on it and let the bots roll” – Saint
9. “The consolation prize for when you fail to cop the Sean Wotherspoon Air Max” – Ruairi
Original Post: This is Ludacris’s SXSW Rider, According to a Leak
8. “That list is ludicrous.” – Oppiken
7. “Man of the woods?” – Com_Truise
Original Post: There’s Now a Dating Site Exclusively for Kanye Fans
6. “Is Kanye the First User Registered? – Niamor Erelav
5. “Looks like a Huarache that went through that shimmer from the Annihilation movie” –Lorenzo Salamone
4. “These the stuff you put supermarket apples in?” – Tanakorn Wongsarakham
3. “Snapchat really likes digging their own grave.” – Matthew Wells
Original Post: Shia Labeouf Finally Speaks on Being Kanye West’s Style Icon
2. “Everybody who would buy a pair of Shia LaBoost 350’s please raise your hands. I’ll wait.” – Nate Rhoads
Original Post: Tommy Wiseau Is the Joker We Need But Don’t Deserve
1. “Wiseau serious?” – Jake Russell